Upcoming Dates To Note:
December 1st: Leaders Holiday/Recognition Party, Log Cabin Banquet Hall, Bangor
December 21st: Archery/Pellet Program Registration deadline
January 23rd: Communications Arts Festival, Logan High School, La Crosse
March 1st: State Fair 4-H Enrollment deadline
April 2nd & 3rd: Counselor Training Weekend, Upham Woods, Wisconsin Dells
April 16th: Music/Arts & Crafts Festival, Heider Center for the Arts, West Salem
Events & Activities
The 4-H Event & Activities Advisor document is a resource for members, leaders and parents to help communicate information as well as understanding.
4-H & Youth development programs teach young people to…
- Develop and test practical living skills in a safe and supportive “real world” environment.
- Become actively engaged in their communities and better informed about local issues.
- Prepare for the world of work through direct experience with projects and activities that correspond to future career opportunities.
- Experience success in a non-formal learning environment.
- Develop communication and problem-solving skills through public presentation and group work.
The 4-H & Youth Development Staff offers programs in the areas of:
- Youth & Adult Leadership Development
- 4-H Club Programs
- Life Skills Development in Youth
- Community Youth Development
- Citizenship Education
If you have any questions regarding 4-H & Youth Development in La Crosse County, please contact:
4-H Youth Development Program Advisor
La Crosse County – UW Extension
400 4th Street North – Room 3140
La Crosse, WI 54601-3200