4-H & Youth development programs teach young people to . . .
- Develop and test practical living skills in a safe and supportive “real world” environment
- Become actively engaged in their communities and better informed about local issues
- Prepare for the world of work through direct experience with projects and activities that correspond to future career opportunities
- Experience success in a non-formal learning environment
- Develop communication and problem-solving skills through public presentation and group work
The 4-H & Youth Development Staff offers programs in the areas of:
- Youth & Adult Leadership Development
- 4-H Club Programs
- Life Skills Development in Youth
- Community Youth Development
- Citizenship Education
Upcoming Dates To Note:
- August 24th: Pump House Exhibits Due to UW-Extension
- August 27th: 2016 4-H Champ Show
- August 29th: Fall Trap Shooting Registrations Due
- August 31st: Pump House Art Exhibit Begins
- September 6th: 4-H Record Books Due
For more upcoming events and deadlines, please view our 4-H Calendar!
The 4-H Events & Activities Advisor is a great resource for members, leaders, and parents to help communicate what 4-H has to offer its members on a county, state, and national level.
2015-2016 Project Guide
Need to order literature? Fill out our Project Literature Request Form! Please DO NOT order through 4HOnline, as those titles are not county specific. Instead, peruse the 2015-2016 Project Guide, choose up to five FREE titles (additional titles beyond the five are available for purchase), and submit your form via email, fax, or mail to the Extension office. Depending on our inventory, we do our best to fill orders within two weeks.
If you have any questions regarding 4-H & Youth Development in La Crosse County, please contact:
4-H Youth Development Program Advisor
La Crosse County – UW Extension
400 4th Street North – Room 3140
La Crosse, WI 54601-3200
General 4-H Email: firstname.lastname@example.org