4-H & Youth development programs teach young people to . . .
- Develop and test practical living skills in a safe and supportive “real world” environment
- Become actively engaged in their communities and better informed about local issues
- Prepare for the world of work through direct experience with projects and activities that correspond to future career opportunities
- Experience success in a non-formal learning environment
- Develop communication and problem-solving skills through public presentation and group work
The 4-H & Youth Development Staff offers programs in the areas of:
- Youth & Adult Leadership Development
- 4-H Club Programs
- Life Skills Development in Youth
- Community Youth Development
- Citizenship Education
The 4-H Events & Activities Advisor is a great resource for members, leaders, and parents to help communicate what 4-H has to offer its members on a county, state, and national level.
Need to order literature? Fill out our Project Literature Request Form! Please DO NOT order through 4HOnline, as those titles are not county specific. Instead, peruse the Project Guide, choose up to five FREE titles (additional titles beyond the five are available for purchase), and submit your form via email, fax, or mail to the Extension office. Depending on our inventory, we do our best to fill orders within two weeks.
If you have any questions regarding 4-H & Youth Development in La Crosse County, please contact:
4-H Youth Development Program Advisor | La Crosse County – UW Extension
400 4th Street North – Room 3140 | La Crosse, WI 54601-3200
Phone: 608-785-9593 | Fax: 608-789-4808 | Email: email@example.com
General 4-H Email: firstname.lastname@example.org