“Learning to Eat Better for Less”
The Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program (WNEP) helps people in La Crosse County:
- Learn about nutrition and resource management through research-based education.
- Purchase and prepare low-cost, nutritious meals and snacks.
- Keep foods safe to eat.
- Balance foods eaten with physical activity.
Additional Nutrition Education information can be found at:
- Nutrition for Family Living Newsletters
- Nutrition Resources Webography- Steenbock Library and UW-Extension
- Nutrition.gov- list of government websites with nutrition information
- FDA- How to Understand and Use Nutrition Facts Label
- USDA- Nutrient Data Laboratory- look up calories/nutrients in a food items
- U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services- Dietary Guidlines for Americans
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Weight Control Information from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- American Dietetic Association
- Consumer Corner at the USDA National Agricultural Library – Food and Nutrition Information Center
- USDA Recipe Finder
- Fight BAC! Keep Food Safe from Bacteria
- Be Food Safe
- FoodSafety.gov- gateway to federal food safety information
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection – food safety information
- UW-Extension Publications- UW-Extension publications to view or purchase
- Farmers Market- list of La Crosse County’s Farmers Markets with dates and times
- FoodShare Wisconsin Program
If you have any questions regarding WNEP in La Crosse County, please contact:
|Mary Hoeft-Leithold – Nutrition Educator
WNEP La Crosse County
816 Second Avenue South, Suite 200
Onalaska, WI 54650
Phone: (608) 781-5061